The aim of this module is to introduce learners to the key principles underlying employment law. Learners will also become familiar with the process of pursuing an employment law claim.
After completion of this module learners will be able to:
- Evaluate the law on employee status.
- Discuss the law on employment equality.
- Analyse an employee’s statutory leave entitlements.
- Examine the law on termination of employment.
- Discuss the fora through which employment disputes may be resolved.
- Explain the procedure for dealing with employment law disputes.
|Session 1||Employment Status|
|Session 2||The Contract of Employment|
|Session 3||Employment Equality – Part 1|
|Session 4||Employment Equality- Part 2|
|Session 5||Leave Entitlements|
|Session 6||Protective Legislation|
|Session 7||Termination of Employment – Part 1|
|Session 8||Termination of Employment – Part 2|
|Session 9||Dispute Resolution in Irish Employment Law|
|Session 10||Practice & Procedure|
This module is delivered through online pre-recorded lectures. Each lecture session is approximately two hours in duration. Each session will be recorded.
After viewing each session, the learner will be required to complete a quiz. The module will be formally assessed by way of project work (approx. 1,500-2,000 words).